Lakeview Christian School hosts several events throughout the school year, which enhance the educational experience for all students. Either the activities are learning events, such as field trips, or fundraisers that allow us to continually improve the tools with which we serve your children (i.e. new computers.)
We can always use a helping hand with these activities as there are only so many of us to go around and often these events require group participation to go well. We appreciate all the parents, family and friends from past and present who have dedicated so much time and energy into helping us help your children.
Here are just some ways in which we need and appreciate help with from our volunteers:
- Fall Festival - Our Fall Festival is held in October each year and features a hot dog/hamburger meal, cake walk (A student favorite), games, bounce house, face painting and lots and lots of candies and NUTS day coupons (another student favorite!) Each class has a booth/game they are responsible for 'Manning' with sign-up sheets located (prior to the event) outside Mrs. White's office. Tickets for each booth as well as food are usually $0.25 and, although this is a fundraiser, it's more of a family fun night. We encourage you to invite family and friends as the community is welcome. Student's families are asked to donate one bag of candy prior to the event, and one cake on the day of the event for the cake walk.
- Red Wheel - Each Fall, LVCS takes orders for these frozen baked goods which are delivered in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Items include pies, cookies, pizza and breads. This is our major fundraiser for the year and we can always use help on distribution day. Of course, we encourage you to assist your student in filling their sales sheet out with LOTS of orders, too! =)
- Christmas Store - This is a two day event held each December as an opportunity for students to think about the spirit of giving during the holiday season. We ask for small new or like new items to be donated to the store, which we set up for the children to "Shop" for their families. Students then bring their list of names for shopping to the store, along with their monies and are assigned a "shopper" volunteer to help them keep within the budget Mom or Dad has set. Their purchases are then wrapped and labeled, ready for the family gift exchange! We need volunteers to help set up the store, as well as shopper volunteers, wrappers and, of course, items for the store itself.
- Pizza Lunches on Fridays (except Noon release days)
- Creation Science Workshop - This is an annual event that brings our Creation Science guest teacher to the school, who always makes science lab FUN! We invite parents to attend (and sometimes assist) the workshop. There are always lots of Creation Science Books for sale and it's a good way to build your home library!
- Field Day - This is a two part event that both needs volunteers. First we have TShirt creation day where each class has chosen their "theme" for the event and just need to decorate the shirts accordingly, usually done in Art Class. We often need volunteers to help iron, paint or cut out decorations for this. Field day itself requires score keepers at each event as well as to supervise and keep the children safe, set up and clean up helpers. Field day is a NOON RELEASE day and you'll be able to take your students home upon commencement of the mornings events.
- Library - Helping organize or file returned books, checking in/out the student's book selections and sometimes just be a warm body to answer the phone!
- Art dept. - Check with the office for opportunities to assist with Art projects.
- Classroom Field Trips - Here are some of the field trips that are favorites: Archbold Biological Station, Green Meadows Farm, SFCC Plays/Musicals, Ag-Venture, Highlands Hammock, Legoland, Smoak Ranch, and the grand Epcot Center trip for graduating 5th graders!